Saturday 28 June 2014

Style in a Suitcase: Festivals

When you're packing it's hard to decide what will make the cut and what will have to stay at home. I think it's best to take a little of everything; I know you might love breton tops, but do you really need to take five?! Take one long sleeved and one short sleeved then swap the others for a pair of comfy shoes. Never underestimate the merits of a comfy shoe when on holiday. Jelly shoes may be gracing the pages of every fashion magazine at the moment but they were not made for sightseeing! Welcome to my Style in a Suitcase series!
 
So this week is a bit of a change as I'm not doing a specific city. What with Glastonbury being this weekend I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and do festival fashion. However the outfits I have put together are probably more weather appropriate for Hideout festival in Croatia and not rainy, thundery Glasto!
 
Sunglasses-ASOS | Floral garland-Topshop | Shoes-Office | Top-H&M | Shorts-Forever 21 | Bag-Cath Kidston

Now it might be a bit cliché but when I think of festival wear I think of floral garlands! There are so many pretty ones at Topshop, I love this colourful one. They go well with all of the Dolce and Gabbana inspired sunglasses out this summer such as these from ASOS.


 Top-Topshop | Skort-River Island | Sunglasses-Topshop | Trainers-Office | Mini Rucksack-ASOS
 
If floral garlands and Cath Kidston prints are too girly for you then how about this sporty T-shirt from Topshop? Pair with leather look shorts or, even better, this skort from River Island. Keep things monochrome with your trainers and bag then add a pop of colour with these fun Jeepers Peepers sunglasses from Topshop.
 
 

The reason why I started this Style in a Suitcase series was to give myself a reason to experiment with Photoshop. So this week I have also done a couple of collages. They're not very good but hopefully if I keep practicing I will improve...


Are you headed to any festivals this summer?
What do you think about my attempt at doing collages?

10 comments:

  1. nice, great looks

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ideas! =D
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely the festival floral kind of girl and I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me, I love all the floral stuff for festivals!

      Delete
  4. These are really nice! Cute shirts and shorts and skirts. Pretty girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, I also think the floral shorts are very cute :)

      Delete
  5. That's an awesome way of choosing something to buy for a big event or similar - with photoshop! Team Cath Kidston all the way there for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa yeh, recently I am trying to experiment more with photoshop! Cath Kidston has so many pretty bags don't they!

      Delete