Saturday 23 August 2014

Cosmo Buffet


Last week, the day before I went to London, I met up with my two best friends and we went out for lunch. Recently a branch of the pan-asian buffet restaurant, Cosmo, opened in York and we all wanted to see what it was like.

If you look on Tripadvisor the reviews are mixed. It's like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. Well we all loved it! There was loads of choice and it was great to try lots of different food, overall a really fun experience. 

However I will say that I can see why it doesn't appeal to some people. It's more suited to a meal out with family or friends rather than a romantic date. Also the quality of some of the food isn't great. I steered clear of the pizza and pasta because I they are both very filling but apparently they're not the best. I stuck with the Japanese, Chinese and Indian all of which I really enjoyed. Oh and also the cakes and sweets!

It's really reasonable, £8.49 for an adult at lunch and £10.99 in the evening, all you can eat. If you like trying different types of food from around the world and have a big appetite then I would recommend here!


             We all loved this mixed beans dish!

The 'display only' sign was for some jars of sweets! However there were other sweets you could eat!

What do you think about buffets?

2 comments:

  1. This looks really cool! I'm not a fan of buffets in general because I eat so little - but I love asian buffets like these because I get to eat loads of small thing and taste around! And if there is sushi and all you can eat in the same sentence, then I'm there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, the best thing was getting to try lots of different foods! I can confirm that the sushi was good!

      Delete