Tuesday 23 September 2014

Travel Tuesday: Somerset House


One of my favourite places in London is Somerset House; beautiful building, wonderful exhibitions, tasty food and it's the main location for London Fashion Week. Plus it has really fun water fountains to play in! 

If you go to Somerset house then a visit to Tom's Deli is a must. They have such a great selection of sandwiches and some of the best cakes ever. I had a piece of the orange madeira cake which was so good!

When I went there were two free exhibitions. One was called Return of the Rudeboy which I will write about in another post. The other was an art film poster exhibition.













Have you ever been to Somerset House?

14 comments:

  1. You had me at sandwiches and cake ;) The art looks pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had never heard of Somerset House! It looks beautiful, I love that place with the water coming out! And that picture of ET broke my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great place I love it there! The ET poster was one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  3. I love all the whimsical pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Ahh, I look forwards to the Rudeboy post - I used to call my dog Rudi Rudeboy. Loved him. Can't wait to read about the exhibition. Loved the photo of ET <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try to get it published tomorrow, aw that is such a cute name! ET gets to everyone's hearts!

      Delete
  5. I love the ET poster! If you love Somerset house I totally recommend you book in to go ice-skating there this Christmas. The skate rink is always gorgeous and you can buy hot chocolate or mulled wine to warm up with afterwards :)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen photos of Somerset house at Christmas, it always looks so magical! I'm not great at ice-skating but would definitely be keen on the hot chocolate or mulled wine!

      Delete
  6. I do love Somerset House - my husband was working there when we first met. We had an awesome Christmas date ice skating there too the following year! :) It's a beautiful setting - used sooo often in movies !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to work there! Aw that sounds like such a wonderful Christmas date! Bet that's a great memory :)

      Delete
  7. I have never heard of this place, but it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really beautiful and there is always lots going on there!

      Delete